- 1The Company will specify the purpose of use of the personal information as much as possible, and will properly handle the personal information within the limits of said purpose.
- 2The Company will properly obtain the personal information. When the Company has obtained personal information, it shall make public or notify the purpose of use.
- 3When the Company obtains personal information directly from the individual concerned via a source such as documents or electronic records, it shall clearly specify the intended use of such information in said documents or electronic records.
- 4The Company shall endeavor to maintain accurate and up-to-date personal data*2 to the extent necessary for the accomplishment of the purpose of use.
- 5As steps to ensure that personal data is managed safely, the Company shall appoint a person in charge of personal information protection, establish regulations to prevent any loss, damage, alteration or leakage of personal data, and take appropriate information security measures against such risks as unauthorized access and computer viruses.
- 6The Company shall ensure appropriate supervision of employees*3 regarding the handling of personal data in order that said personal data be managed safely.
- 7If the handling of personal data is entrusted to a third party, the Company will take all necessary measures to supervise such third party for the management of the personal data.
- 8When handling personal information in a foreign country, the Company shall regularly take security control measures based on its understanding of the systems for the protection of personal information in the relevant country.
- 9When disposing of personal information, the Company shall render it unreadable before disposing of it in an appropriate manner.
- 10The Company shall implement specific measures for the proper handling of personal information, and shall review and improve those measures as and when necessary.
- 11The Company shall endeavor to respond swiftly and appropriately to process any and all inquiries or complaints related to the handling of personal information.
- 12The Company shall stipulate matters regarding the appropriate handling of personal information in the "Sekisui Medical Co., Ltd. Corporate Guidelines" and other necessary rules and regulations, and shall make revisions to the guidelines, rules and regulations, as and when necessary, and shall provide employees with the necessary training.
- 13Specific personal information*4 shall be handled in accordance with the separately established "Basic Policy on the Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information".
- *1Personal information:As defined in the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information".
- *2Personal data:As defined in the "Act on the Protection of Personal Information".
- *3Employees:Persons delegated with authority by the Company, such as board members and auditors; persons employed by the Company, such as regular employees, part-time employees, and temporary employees; and temporary workers from agencies.
- *4Specific personal information:As defined in the "Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures".
Revised April 1st, 2023